Pages

Sunday 7 June 2015

May 2015

May saw the biggest race of the Season so far, it was the European qualifer race in Llanelli, Wales. We got there quite early the day before, so I managed to get a good meal and nights sleep before an early start the next day. We had to get up around 5.30am, as the race started really early at 8am. I didn't have a great swim, although my transition made up for it so I managed to get in the front bike group. There was a group of 6 of us who worked together on the bike to get a big gap away from the the second pack. I hadn't been running to great but I was starting to find my form and this was were it had to show. There was a little gap created quickly between me and 2nd and 3rd. but My the first turning point, a quarter of the way through, I managed to close this and we worked well together then. At half way, Livvy and I made a kick and managed to pull away from 4th place. Bronwen Owen managed to overtake us during this next section. We were running stride for stride until 400m to go, but this is where Livvy has the strength in her legs over me and she managed to kick away to get 3rd. I was still really pleased with 4th though.
The next race was Hyde park aquathlon. I loved this race last year and was really excited to be back. I had an ok swim, with both me and Livvy swimming stroke for stroke. I came out of the water 3rd, with quite a big gap to 1st. Lissie had such a good race and she was running really strong. I came out of transition 4th overall and just couldn't get going. By the time I found my form there was about a 100m gap to the next person. Kate went passed me and managed to finish 2nd in the end and I held on for 5th. In the closing stages of the run I could feel I was closing slightly but it was too much to make up so late. I felt strong though which is the main thing.
I'm now really looking forward to Blenheim next weekend and hopefully should race well.
 have a strong race.

No comments:

Post a Comment