Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

British Championships

July 26th were the British Triathlon Championships, held in Liverpool. We travelled up on the 25th and arrived at about 2pm after a 7 hour journey. We visited the expo site and I visited the Zone3/My Triathlon and Precision Hydration stands. I needed to borrow a wetsuit because mine was misplaced in Geneva (when I was out there competing in the European championships), so Zone 3 kindly lend me a Vanquish which is the suit I have now. It has such good flexibility and allows for very fast transitions. I had a good swim, although at the beginning it was quite messy and rough, but I managed to get clear water after about 150m and started to make my way through the field. I got out of the water about 8th, but exited T1 in 7th because of a slick transition. 
The bike group I was in consisted of five other athletes of high ability, and it took me a while to get on the back of it and get my feet in my shoes, but once I did I could start to work with the group and try to stick with them. At the end of the cycle there remained just four of us in our group, with three other competitors ahead of us. I went into T2 at the back of the group, but again I had a good transition and left third out of the group. I had quite a good lead over the other juniors in the race, but I still had to work hard because I knew there were strong runners behind me. The wind was quite strong and I could feel it working everyone very hard. I managed to hold on to first and I’m so happy to win my first super series and National race. I am now the 2015 British Junior Champion. Thank you so much to Carl Goose, for giving me a massage the Thursday before the race, it really got me ready to race and feeling fresh. Also thanks to Precision Hydration for getting me ready to race and supporting me. Another massive thanks to Zone3 for lending me a wetsuit. SportsAid and BNY Mellon are also a massive help, funding me to be able to have these amazing opportunities. I’m now so excited to be off to Hungary next week for an England Talent Squad camp as well as a European Cup race on the 8th of August.


No comments:

Post a Comment