Pages

Thursday 15 November 2018

Second half of 2018

After the great camp in Banyoles with the LTPC girls, I got back and a few days later I was already back on a plane heading to Tartu, Estonia, for my first senior Championships at the European Sprint champs. I had a decent race finishing 21st, definitely was capable of more and wanted more, but thats just the way it went on the day.


Next race for me was London relays, with LTPC. We were lucky to have two really strong teams entered for this, where my team finished 5th and the other LTPC team got a podium 2nd place. Like
last year, the relay cup is always good fun and its nice to be able to give back to and represent the centre you train at.




The next European triathlon cup I had in store was in Hungary, in Szekesfehervar. After a solid result in Weert, I was really hoping to improve on my 5th place and hope to get a podium. I committed to the race and put myself in contention but I just missed out and came 4th (got the chocolate medal). I was pleased with this, especially as a first year under 23, so there is more to come for sure.




At the beginning of the season I didn't have World champs as one of my main aims as I didn't think I would be selected, so when I got the email saying that I had qualified I was really over the moon. The experience out in Australia was amazing and I was pleased that I managed to lead out of the water. The overall result I wasn't overly please with, finishing 23rd, but considering I didn't think I would even be there, I can't complain.





My last race of the season late in October, was under 23 European Championships, held in Eilat, Israel. The location of the race was really gorgeous, with clear water and some very hot temperatures. Heat prep back in Lboro in the build up made a massive difference and helped in the race greatly. Once again leading out of the water and in the front bike group, it came down to the 10km run in 35+ degrees. I was super pleased to finish 4th in my first year in the category. The next day was the. mixed team relay, where GB had a super tight race all the way to the line with the Swiss, where we just got pipped for the gold medal. But I really can't complain finishing my season with a silver medal at a championships with a class team. After a couple easy weeks, I'm now back into training and excited to get ready for the 2019 season.








No comments:

Post a Comment