Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

BRITISH TRIATHLON CHAMPS

So this weekend was the British Triathlon Championships in Liverpool. It was one of the bigger events of the super series and it didn't disappoint! So many people were there competing and the transition area was absolutely massive. It was an indoor transition so a bit strange to normal but it was so well organised. I was very nervous for this event as it had been a while since a super series race so it was a bit like the first again. I was very pleased with my swim, I knew I was strong on the swim at the minute as I’d just raced well at Nationals the previous week.  I led out the swim and managed to split the pack quite well.  I went into T1 (the 500m run into T1) with Emer Winsch and coming out of T1 there was a small group of 4 of us, Lizzy Hood, Emer, Kate Waugh and me! I was sure to make the pack work well together, Making sure we went


through and off. It was a hard cycle due to the fact there was a very large pack trying to chase us down. I knew there were very strong runners in the chase so it wasn’t over yet.  Going into T2 Lizzy led the way with me and Kate right on her heels and Emer just a few metres behind.  Leaving T2 Kate and Lizzy led with me just a couple seconds behind. We missed the other pack coming into T2 as when we went once side of the wall, they went the other!  The run was an out and back and 2 laps of that. Going out onto the run, Kate went so strong and as I pasted Lizzy she gave me a push of encouragement which was gratefully received.  I could see at the far end of the run that Caitlin Roper was having such a strong run as per usual (She normally has a top 3 run time)! I had to keep pushing really hard. I was running with a boy for my first lap which helped me keep my pace up but then he went into the finish and I still had another lap.  I could see Caitlin was closing the gap slowly but by the last turning point I could see it was too late and I had secured second, with Kate 1st and Caitlin 3rd! I was so happy with this and it matched where I came last year at this event so couldn't be happier. I would like to say thanks to Carl Goose for the great sports massage which got me ready for the race, H2pro for the great hydration tablets which helped on the surprising warm but rainy day and Zone3 for the amazing wetsuit which helped me lead out of the swim!

This week I am preparing for the last race in the series in Nottingham! In prep for the race I have had a great bike fit at velocity Norwich which will enable me to have more power on my bike! It was fantastic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment