Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

February 2015

Running at Anglian schools cross country championships
My first important date in February was Anglian schools cross country championships In Ipswich. I was quite nervous going into this race but at the same time I felt ready and excited to race. I decided not to wear spikes, due to a slight niggle in my knee, but this worked pretty well as there was quite a lot of path next to narrow grass tracks, so I felt as if I really got an advantage here. I was so pleased to come away with 7th in the end and I felt as if I ran really well for this early in the season.
The next weekend on the Saturday I had Norfolk Long distance county swimming championships at the UEA, where I was racing the 800m freestyle. I was quite anxious going into the race because the last time I had raced it, at winter Regionals; I had not performed as well as I was hoping too. I had had some really strong swims in training going into the competition and I felt really well prepared. I always like to use my H2pro 1500 strengths on race day as I feel this is best to keep me as hydrated as possible, because sitting on poolside for the 10 heats before me (about 1h 30mins) can really cause dehydration, so these were brilliant.  I was really happy with my swim and was just off my PB, but my coach says I was on it all the way until the last 50m, but that should come as I build up to race ready for the triathlon season. I took the Norfolk county champ title. This was a pleasing result and gave me lots of confidence back again.

In the February half term I had a training camp with the Eastern Region Academy at Culford School in Bury St Edmonds.  This was such a lovely camp and we all managed to get some serious training in just before the start of the season. It was such a good atmosphere within the camp, with everyone getting on so well and everybody joining in. Because we were away for Pancake Day, we got to make some in the kitchen at the accommodation.  Let’s just say, I’m probably not the best person to ask if you want to flip a pancake, but it was fun never the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment