Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

SportsAid award

Michael Cole-Fontayn presenting me with my sportsaid award
Tuesday 3rd of March, my family and I took a journey down to Queen Victoria Street, London in the heart of the financial capital for the launch event of the SportsAid partnership with Bank of New York Mellon and Newton. I was so lovely driving through London, passing by all of the iconic British landmarks.It was a really lovely evening with talks from Michael Cole-Fontayn, BNY Mellon's EMEA chairman and also SportsAid's chief executive Tim Lawler. It was very interesting getting to meet some of the best athletes in the country in various sports and also some of the best young sportspeople in the world currently. Hearing other athletes talk about their sporting experiences as well really motivational and really psyched me up for the season ahead.

It is such a privilege to be recognized by such a great cause for all of the hard work I have put in throughout the years. It will be really useful having the funding to help through the season and it will really enable me to get the most out of my first year being a junior and beyond. Thank you to everyone who helped make the event such a great success, including sportsaid athlete liaison Grace Hughes, who has helped through the process from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment